~ Poems of Love ~

The following poems have been written by me, for my husband Hamada, who suffered from Multiple Myeloma [IgG Kappa] a cancer of the plasma cells, which are found in the bone marrow. After many months of chemotherapy, contracting pneumonia twice, once given only twelve hours to live and having three bad fractures to his spine and also showing in his Pelvis, he made it to four years seven months. The Multiple Myeloma attacked his Kidneys first showing at diagnosis in May 2006 leaving Hamada only a small percentage of kidney function. He never complained, using his most amazing smile even when I knew he had severe pain. Hamada underwent a Stem Cell Transplant using his own 'harvested stem cells' . During October 2007 he spent seventeen days in the "Centre For Clinical Haematology" at Nottingham City Hospital UK. where he achieved this transplant. We had a scare at six months after transplant, when told 'the beast was back' but subsequent tests showed a partial remission. Again in early 2009 it was confirmed that Hamada was out of remission He fought again during 2010 with newer chemo type drugs. First with Velcade and then with Revlimid but to no avail. His Kidneys were failing further and Hamada chose not to have dialysis. This blog contains poems and updates, written for Hamada, telling of our life together.
Now a beautiful book has been published, see http://www.susiehemingway.com/books/
showing Hamada's personal fight against Multiple Myeloma in the first fifty 'poems of love' written by me his wife. I hope you like these poems of love and also 'our story' dedicated to Hamada, who passed away peacefully at home on 23 November 2010 after a most courageous fight against Multiple Myeloma.

14 November, 2009




A Power Within Now Available to Purchase On-Line

Link here http://www.susiehemingway.com/books/ to purchase this richly designed poetry anthology filled with Poems of Love in diary form. More than one hundred pages telling ‘our story’ Proceeds to Multiple Myeloma.



10 comments:

Margie said...

Congratulations on your book!
Wonderful news, Susie!

Margie:)

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you so much Margie for your congratulations. It is indeed an exciting time and the books are walking out.... I cannot believe!! some have ordered six and eights, using them for Christmas gifts I think. The books do look wonderful, the photos don't really do justice. Keep well and bless you for your kindness.

Michael Morse said...

Well done Susie! The book will be remarkably successful, I'm ordering mine as soon as I finish this.

You have had a rough time of it, that you are able to break outside of that and create this is truly inspiring.

I'll be promoting the book on Rescuing Providence, hopefully more people will find you.

Best to Hamada.

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you so much Michael for your great and continuing support during this most difficult time of Hamada's illness with Multiple Myeloma. He is so delighted to see this first anthology completed. Everyone is so pleased with their books and I truly hope you will be too. Take care and thanks once again.

Unknown said...

I will be placing an order also, my friend.

I'm excited. And the cause is worthy.

Congratulations.

:)

Susie Hemingway said...

Bless you Walt, they are going so fast! you are all so kind, and I am aware they are quite expensive but it is such a lovely quality book and would make a beautiful xmas gift. Do let me know what you think. Thank you kind man.

Nick said...

Susie!

You are such a warm and bright point in the Myeloma world. I ordered you book and cannot wait to see your beautiful, heartfelt poetry in printed form.

You and Hamada remain in my prayers, and being an Anglophile, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you in person one day if I can find an excuse to head over to your neck of the woods!

Warmly and with prayers and abundant hope for your future together with Hamada,

Nick van Dyk

A Cuban In London said...

Very well done. Congrats and I wish you the best of luck. I will be including the link in a future post.

Many thanks for letting me know.

Greetings from London.

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you so much Nick, your book is winging it's way to you now, let me know that it arrived safely if you can. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Bless you for your kind words.

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you so much "Cuban In London" It's all rather exciting. and the Anthology has been very well received indeed. Thank you so much for your support.

Clicky Web Analytics