~ Poems of Love ~

The following poems have been written by me, for my husband Hamada, who suffered from Multiple Myeloma [IgG Kappa] a cancer of the plasma cells, which are found in the bone marrow. After many months of chemotherapy, contracting pneumonia twice, once given only twelve hours to live and having three bad fractures to his spine and also showing in his Pelvis, he made it to four years seven months. The Multiple Myeloma attacked his Kidneys first showing at diagnosis in May 2006 leaving Hamada only a small percentage of kidney function. He never complained, using his most amazing smile even when I knew he had severe pain. Hamada underwent a Stem Cell Transplant using his own 'harvested stem cells' . During October 2007 he spent seventeen days in the "Centre For Clinical Haematology" at Nottingham City Hospital UK. where he achieved this transplant. We had a scare at six months after transplant, when told 'the beast was back' but subsequent tests showed a partial remission. Again in early 2009 it was confirmed that Hamada was out of remission He fought again during 2010 with newer chemo type drugs. First with Velcade and then with Revlimid but to no avail. His Kidneys were failing further and Hamada chose not to have dialysis. This blog contains poems and updates, written for Hamada, telling of our life together.
Now a beautiful book has been published, see http://www.susiehemingway.com/books/
showing Hamada's personal fight against Multiple Myeloma in the first fifty 'poems of love' written by me his wife. I hope you like these poems of love and also 'our story' dedicated to Hamada, who passed away peacefully at home on 23 November 2010 after a most courageous fight against Multiple Myeloma.

06 May, 2010

For Nancy by Susie Hemingway

Just recently our dear blogger friend Nancy of www.lacootina.blogspot.com lost her short fight against Multiple Myeloma. There is no way to say just what an amazingly brave lady she was. So many of our MM blogging world will miss her writing terribly, I know I will.


For Nancy

Our hearts are sad for Nancy
a loss in which our hands would love to reach
across the miles of space to say goodbye,
we wish our eyes could see your words as daily missed
the spirit of brave trials in life lived with such pain,
in beauty of that lively energetic soul engraved within our minds
our hearts are sad for Nancy.

You found such laughter in a testing world
displayed in warmth that radiated upon your page,
filling our private worlds for us to read.
We loved the way your smiles and rants lit up our rooms
wishing for tomorrow’s sun, that could not be.
Your bravery as God enfolded you within his arms
for sure you are his special angel,
but our hearts are sad for Nancy,
our hearts are sad for Nancy...

7 comments:

Beth said...

This is very touching. Healing, too. Thanks.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hugs to you both, and my condolences on the loss of a friend.
May her memory be eternal.

Margaret said...

I thought I was going to be OK today, but your words brought back the tears.
Such a lovely poem, Susie...really lovely.
I hope Nancy's family sees it...in fact, I will send the link to the "Hoodies"...
Ciao from another sad heart in Florence, Italy...

Steven L. Ritter said...

She didn't get on my Blog list... I consider that my loss. She sounded like a wonderful woman! Susie.. I'm so sorry for your loss of this amazing blog friend.

Rosemary Liewald said...

"Susie as always beautiful lines (For Nancy ) these will mean so much to those who knew her

Bro #1 (Marty) said...

Bro #1 (Marty) here - I found your message in Nancy's e-mail as any comments that are posted are also sent to her e-mail address. Your poem is stunning and heart-wrending. You could not have written anything more poignant. You have a gift and you have shared it in the most meaningful way imaginable. Sending our thanks is not nearly adequate, but it is all we can do..... many, many thanks

Michael Morse said...

I think Marty gave you the greatest gift a writer can receive, gratitude for words you have written.

I can't get "Nancy" out of my mind, two days now. I read some of her words, and am grateful for her strength, because she has made me stronger. I wish I could have told her.

Clicky Web Analytics