~ Poems of Love ~

The following poems have been written by me, for my husband Hamada, who suffered from Multiple Myeloma [IgG Kappa] a cancer of the plasma cells, which are found in the bone marrow. After many months of chemotherapy, contracting pneumonia twice, once given only twelve hours to live and having three bad fractures to his spine and also showing in his Pelvis, he made it to four years seven months. The Multiple Myeloma attacked his Kidneys first showing at diagnosis in May 2006 leaving Hamada only a small percentage of kidney function. He never complained, using his most amazing smile even when I knew he had severe pain. Hamada underwent a Stem Cell Transplant using his own 'harvested stem cells' . During October 2007 he spent seventeen days in the "Centre For Clinical Haematology" at Nottingham City Hospital UK. where he achieved this transplant. We had a scare at six months after transplant, when told 'the beast was back' but subsequent tests showed a partial remission. Again in early 2009 it was confirmed that Hamada was out of remission He fought again during 2010 with newer chemo type drugs. First with Velcade and then with Revlimid but to no avail. His Kidneys were failing further and Hamada chose not to have dialysis. This blog contains poems and updates, written for Hamada, telling of our life together.
Now a beautiful book has been published, see http://www.susiehemingway.com/books/
showing Hamada's personal fight against Multiple Myeloma in the first fifty 'poems of love' written by me his wife. I hope you like these poems of love and also 'our story' dedicated to Hamada, who passed away peacefully at home on 23 November 2010 after a most courageous fight against Multiple Myeloma.

21 May, 2009

Susie's BBC Radio Interview with Judy Theobald


You can hear Susie reading on the third anniversary of Hamada's Diagnosis with Multiple Myeloma "I Write for You" and also the full BBC radio interview on the Judy Turnbald Morning Show on, http://www.susiehemingway.com
Under the Categorie - Site News

~ My wonderful congratulation flowers shown above ~

7 comments:

Lori Puente said...

Hello Susie! I had responded to your BBC interview on your Facebook. I was really moved by your interview and your open and clear expression of what "we" are dealing with in this disease and even any long term debilitating illness for someone we love.

Well done Susie!

Love to you both. Lori

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you so much Lori, for the very lovely comments here and also the ones you placed on Facebook. I have been inundated with calls and messages today... even had flowers to the new Lincoln Laureate...how nice was that! many have been moved by the interview, as long as this helps to raise the profile for M.M. All very best wishes to you both.
Hugs Susie

Richard and Hilary Todd USA said...

We are so proud of you, The interview was inspiring, thought provoking and deeply moving. You are such a special couple.

Don said...

Suzie - Your blog is always so inspiring. Sometimes I visit here just because I need a lift.

Susie Hemingway said...

Thank you Don for such a lovely comment...I do hope you were able to transfer to my .com blog and listen to the BBC Interview, where I read " I Write For You" Thank you, for all you write too, always so informative... You and Sunshine know only too well what I was talking about, I wish you good health always.

Unknown said...

Listening to the interview as I write this, Susie. Comments up on your web site...

Much love from this side of the pond, my dear friend.

Lora Conrad said...

Susie - As you know I'm relatively new to the Myeloma community, so, it is with great admiration and appreciation that I listened to your interview with Judy Theobald on BBC Radio. Because Multiple Myeloma is a relatively newcomer to the cancer world and accounts for only 1% of all cancers, education is key and primary for our overall survival. We need funding and more research - your interview may just have helped that cause. Thank you for sharing Hamada's story to help all of us! You are appreciated very much. Respectfully, Lora Conrad, USA

Clicky Web Analytics